Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Splintered, by A. G. Howard

This post contains no spoilers, just what I thought of the book and my view on age recommendations
next week I'll post more about Splintered

I loved this book and I couldn't put it down. I think I read it in like two days. It may be a little mature but I loved it. It incorporates magic with the real world and it's based off of Alice in Wonderland. It may be a little gruesome at times. Like near the end, but that wasn't so bad. I fell in love with the character, especially Rabid White, Howard's take on the White Rabbit. And, I've read a lot of books with love triangles, this one is weird.
For ages I would say 13 and up, but that's just me.
Splintered is the first book in the trilogy and there is also compaine book with stories after Ensnared, the last book.
Oh and one more thing. I said this is based off Alice in Wonderland, please do not mistake that for a retelling, this is more like three generations after that, set in our time and Wonderlands version of time. If you read the book you'll know what I mean by that. So to recap, Alyssa is not Alice.
Bye until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment